Dufferin County Homeownership Program is designed to provide moderate income households, with an interest free down payment assistance loan/second mortgage to help purchase a home.
There are no monthly mortgage payments for the second mortgage. Repayment of the second mortgage is required when the property is sold.
The purchasing household must be a renter household and meet the following criteria:
• Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
• Be a minimum 18 years of age
• Must not currently own a home or have a legal interest in a property
• Must be buying a sole and principal residence within the County of Dufferin
• Must not owe any social housing arrears, including damages
• Be able to secure financing on the property
• Be able to provide proof of insurance at time of purchase
Further eligibility criteria listed on application