Searching for Cooking Classes And Facilities
Located near Brantford
Dial 2-1-1. Our helpline is answered by real people 24/7 and service is available in 150+ languages.
- parent support
- community kitchen
- baking group
- breakfast program
- after school program
- school age program
- focus groups for youth
- babysitting course
- adult craft time
- program provides access to a nurse, dietitian, social worker, and foot care RPN
- group cooking classes and support groups also available
10 month program - Teaches both practical and theoretical knowledge and techniques of professional cooking. Includes 32 weeks in-class and an 8 week work placement. Students can earn up to 8 secondary school credits upon completion.
Sep-Jun, Jan-Jan (No class July or August) Mon-Fri 8:30 am-1:30 pm
Fees: $700 includes chef uniform, set of chef knives, textbooks, workbook, and food safety certifications
6 week program - Focuses on kitchen instruction: food preparation, storage, and safe handling, cooking techniques, and knife skills. A secondary school credit provided upon completion.
See website for dates. Mon-Fri 8:30 am-1:30 pm
Programs operated through the Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB) and funded through the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
A cooking and social support program for LGBTQ+ newcomers in Hamilton. Provides a safe space to learn and exchange cooking skills and budget saving tips.
Free ingredient kits are provided to participants.
Food produced in these programs is used to support the Oasis Coffeehouse meal programs.
- food safety education
- home cooking techniques
- vegetarian protein options
- money saving tips
Once a week from May- September, children will learn and prepare healthy meals and snacks, explore physical activity and learn more about nutrition and health living.
Children work in the garden plots located on site to plant, monitor, and harvest organic vegetables that can be used to create recipes in the program.
Participants participate in a luncheon to develop friendships and socialize.
Also offers special guest speakers about topics that interest participants.
Programs focus on social, skill, and spiritual development and are offered in a supportive environment
- Tuesday drop-in adult crafting
- Wednesday women's coffee hour
- Thursday free drop-in lunch
- Saturday toonie breakfast
- ball hockey: ages 7-12
- community garden
- community cooking
- Rolling Horse Community Cycle bike sales and repairs, see full listing here
Certified commercial kitchen and space rental available, contact for more information
Leadership team and membership work with municipal authorities to handle neighbourhood concerns, promote the neighbourhood, and encourage events and services to locate nearby. Initiatives and activities include:
- kids camps
- community kitchen
- recreational activities
- online multifaith devotional gatherings
- Walking a Path of Service study circles
- occasional pandemic funding support
- Member of the Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition since Jan 2016
- Additional e-mail address: rrngcamps
In an effort to combat hunger and poverty on campus and in the greater Guelph community, the Guelph Student FoodBank provides undergraduate and graduate University of Guelph students access to emergency food, anti-poverty resources, and referrals to other food security, anti-poverty and financial assistance groups.
Community-based volunteer driven programs to help people build relationships across the diversity of income, education, age, ability and health to enhance their capacity for meaningful lives
Offers programs (all are drop-in unless otherwise mentioned) related to:
- Tuesday Dinner: in-person dining, 6 pm
- Seniors Thursday Lunch: in-person dining, 12 noon
- Community Market: Tue 3:30 pm-6 pm and Sat 9:30 am-12 noon
- Community Garden: seasonally harvested food used to prepare community dinners or for pick up in the market
- Seniors' Garden Social: Thu 10 am-11 am during the growing season
- offers seasonally-appropriate clothing and shoes Tue 3:30 pm-6 pm and Sat 9:30 am-12 noon
- donations of clean, gently-used, seasonal clothing and footwear are accepted Wed and Thu, 9:30 am-4 pm
- Christmas Families: gift giving program for families (registration required)
- Backpack Program: children receive new backpacks and school supplies (registration required)
Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
- provides assistance in applying using OESP's online application system (by appointment only)
Visit/ follow the Facebook page or contact Alisha (Neighbourhood Support Worker) for information. Contact Maryann (Parent Outreach Worker) for family support.
Activities include outdoor programming, events throughout the year, summer camps, community garden and food access by appointment.
Member of the Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition.
Two Rivers also runs an affordable fresh food market at 120 Ontario St on Wednesdays from 3-7pm.
Food and Nutrition
- morning meal program for school age children
- emergency 2 day food support provided
- preschool programs
- youth programs
- summer day camp
- free or low cost recreation activities for families
- seasonal community events
- referrals and advocacy
- Soup Sisters charge a $55 participation fee per person to cover the expenses of ingredients for the soups, the venue, equipment, supervision, and a Chef or professional facilitator
- work as a partner with the staff at Gordon Food Services for bi-monthly soup making events that support the women and children of Halton Women's Place
- each event produces approximately 150-200 servings of nourishing soup that are delivered fresh to a local shelter
Provides sewing and cake art lessons for children, teens and adults
- students learn to make their own clothes, stuffed animals, quilts, alterations, repairs and home decor
- Perfect your skills, pressure piping, writing, ruffling, molding, painting, quilting, and embossing for cake art
- help students to prepare their portfolios for the University application
- check website for details
A multi-purpose recreation, arts and culture facility
- offers many drop in and registered recreational, art/cultural and aquatic programs and is home to a Youth centre, Seniors centre, and the Oakville Arts Council
- also provides space for many cultural groups and arts guilds
- gyms & multipurpose rooms
- Community Kitchen
- Fitness Centre
- 25-metre pool
- Older Adults Centre
- Drop In Youth Centre
- Black Box theatre
- rehearsal spaces - music & performance
- Studios - pottery, woodworking, spinning & weaving, digital arts, music recording and fine arts
Member organizations include:
- ArtWorks Oakville
- Canadian Caribbean Association of Halton Steel Band
- Circle of Harmony
- High Rendition Jazz
- Oakville Arts Council
- Oakville Association of Knitters & Crocheters
- Oakville Camera Club
- Oakville Chinese Network Society
- Oakville Improv Theatre Company
- Oakville Scottish Country Dance Group
- Oakville Sculptors and Woodcarvers Guild
- Oakville Sewers Forum
- Oakville Suzuki Association
- Oakville Wind Orchestra
Services altered in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
School-based and interactive programs are currently on hold due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, however continuing to provide free nutritious food directly to needy families with young children
Provides free programs and nutritious food to those most in need
Programs and free resources involve:
- healthy eating
- multicultural food education
- physical activity
- community building
Also hosts special events for high school students, youth, adults, parents, community and family members
- Online Repository
- developed simple, nutritious, easy-to-follow recipes with low cost ingredients
Lighthouse Dinners/Cooking Workshops
- preparing and serving special home-style meals to the men in residence at the Salvation Army Lighthouse emergency shelter
- conducting life skill cooking workshops for residents at the shelter
- local food sourcing
- collective preparation and sharing of food
- welcomes new community members who are interested in the baking process of firing the oven, splitting wood, making dough or baking