Ontario 211 Services Board of Directors Posting 2019
New Board Members are sought, starting Fall 2019 – Posting Close Date: Friday July 12, 2019
The Ontario 211 Services (O211S) Board of Directors has an exciting opportunity for individuals who share our desire to help address the changing needs of our Ontario stakeholders and communities. From those who need help with life’s challenges, to those making decisions about how programs and services are delivered, 211 in Ontario is an easy to access channel for system navigation. We need leaders who believe in our mission to offer their insights and expertise to help guide the future of 211 service delivery across the province.
Our priority focus is to increase awareness and usage of the 211 service in Ontario, in collaboration with our broad group of stakeholders (211 service providers, United Ways, governments, community partners and other ambassadors) as we work together with a common goal to connect people with the services and information they need, when they need it.
ABOUT Ontario 211 Services (O211S):
To achieve Improved Quality of Health, Well-Being, and Belonging for People in Ontario, O211S works with our partners to ensure people are better connected to the broad range of human services and their communities, and the social infrastructure is more responsive to people’s needs.
211 in Ontario is operated by O211S, a non-profit agency, with a volunteer Board of Directors that provides strategic direction and oversight to the operations of O211S.
- 211’s award-winning telephone helpline (2-1-1) and website (211ontario.ca) provides:a gateway to community, social, non-clinical health and related government services
- help to navigate the complex network of human services quickly and easily, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 150 languages (by dialing 2-1-1, firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat: https://211ontario.ca/chat/)
- connections to the right information and services which strengthens Canada’s health and human services, and helps Canadians to become more engaged with their communities
O211S seeks partnerships and mutually beneficial associations with government departments and agencies to inform, educate and assist these players about emerging and underlying issues and trends being continuously raised by our users.
THE KEY ATTRIBUTES OF AN O211S DIRECTOR:
We are looking for diverse individuals with skills in many areas (but not all), including:
- Complex governance experience within a multi-stakeholder environment;
- knowledge of data privacy and data sharing issues in a digital environment;
- Comfort working with any political party, their elected representatives and agents (in Ontario, and ideally also with federal or municipal government);
- Strong communications skills, discrete, courteous and effective in time-limited situations;
- Experience with technology, negotiations, budgets, risk management, measurement and evaluation;
- Confidence to influence and advocate on issues important to O211S and the 211 system
- Previous non-profit Board experience is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Directors can be located anywhere in Ontario, and are expected to attend monthly virtual meetings at the call of the Chair, participate in semi-annual, in-person meetings in Ottawa and Toronto, serve on at least one committee with a separate monthly meeting, commit to reviewing correspondence, Board and committee materials, and take on specific duties.
If you or someone you know is interested in being a part of this vital and vibrant Board of Directors, please contact: Laura Leather (416-777-0211 ext. 223 email@example.com) by Friday, July 12, 2019.
Second National Conference Dedicated to Exploring the Violence Link between Animal Abuse and Abuse of Humans
Second National Conference Dedicated to Exploring the Violence Link between Animal Abuse and Abuse of Humans Animal abuse is more clea...Community & Social Services
Ontario 211 Services – Posting Close Date: Friday July 12, 2019 The Ontario 211 Services (O211S) Board is seeking to fill our Board Ch...Volunteering & Fundraising
New Board Members are sought, starting Fall 2019 – Posting Close Date: Friday July 12, 2019 The Ontario 211 Services (O211S) Board of ...Volunteering & Fundraising