Ontario 211 Services Board of Directors Posting 2018
Three Board Members are sought, starting Fall 2018 – Posting Close Date: July 30, 2018
WHAT WE NEED:
This is an exciting time for Ontario 211 Services (O211S) as we increase awareness for the 211 system in Ontario. The Board of Directors is looking for three dynamic and connected individuals who can help the O211S organization develop and maintain an adaptive relationship with all elements of government, including elected officials, public servants and key government advisors /contractors. The Board believes that having directors of diversity with varied skills and experiences, contributes to a balanced and effective O211S Board that is well-positioned to address the changing needs of O211S stakeholders and communities. The Board Members will be involved with helping to shape how 211 services are delivered in the future, as we grow and progress.
211 in Ontario is operated by O211S – a non-profit agency – with a volunteer Board of Directors that provides strategic direction and oversight to the operations of O211S.
211’s award-winning telephone helpline (2-1-1) and website (211ontario.ca) provides:
- a gateway to community, social, non-clinical health and related government services
- help to navigate the complex network of human services quickly and easily, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 150 languages
- connections to the right information and services which strengthens Canada’s health and human services, and helps Canadians to become more engaged with their communities
We believe the 211 system is an essential link between Ontario citizens and their government.
O211S does not lobby for political influence but seeks partnerships and mutually beneficial associations with government departments and agencies to inform, educate and assist these players about emerging and underlying issues and trends being continuously raised by citizens who in confidence speak to 211 navigation agents by dialing 2-1-1.
THE KEY ATTRIBUTES OF AN O211S DIRECTOR:
We are looking for diverse individuals with skills in many areas (but not all), including:
- A government relations background, in the Ontario government context and preferably also with the federal government; with proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with senior members of the public service, including Deputy Ministers and Assistant Deputy Ministers as well as their staff;
- Complete comfort working with any political party, their elected representatives and agents;
- Strong communications skills, and is discrete, courteous and effective in time-limited situations;
- Media savvy instincts, if and when the situation demands;
- Experience with technology, negotiations, budget and risk management, measurement and evaluation; and
- Confidence to influence and advocate for heightened engagement between O211S and the government department or agency which may partner with O211S and become a key funder.
- Previous non-profit Board experience is an asset;
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential
- Interest and availability to contribute to the O211S Board
- Candidates may be located anywhere in Ontario, but are expected to attend monthly conference calls and meetings at the call of the Chair, participate in semi-annual, in-person meetings in Ottawa and Toronto and commit to reviewing correspondence, Board materials and take on specific duties.
If you or someone you know is interested in being a part of this vital and vibrant Board of Directors, please contact:
Laura Leather (416-777-0211 ext. 223 firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 30, 2018
Second National Conference Dedicated to Exploring the Violence Link between Animal Abuse and Abuse of Humans
Second National Conference Dedicated to Exploring the Violence Link between Animal Abuse and Abuse of Humans Animal abuse is more clea...Community & Social Services
Ontario 211 Services – Posting Close Date: Friday July 12, 2019 The Ontario 211 Services (O211S) Board is seeking to fill our Board Ch...Volunteering & Fundraising
New Board Members are sought, starting Fall 2019 – Posting Close Date: Friday July 12, 2019 The Ontario 211 Services (O211S) Board of ...Volunteering & Fundraising