New Chair, Board of Directors & President of Ontario 211 Services is sought, starting Fall 2019
Ontario 211 Services – Posting Close Date: Friday July 12, 2019
The Ontario 211 Services (O211S) Board is seeking to fill our Board Chair/President role. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader with extensive complex governance experience to help lead O211S are we address the changing needs of our Ontario stakeholders and communities. Our priority focus is to increase awareness and usage of the 211 service in Ontario, in collaboration with our broad group of stakeholders (211 service providers, United Ways, governments, community partners and other ambassadors) as we work together with a common goal to connect people with the services and information they need, when they need it.
It is a pivotal time in 211’s evolution in Ontario, where an uncertain environment also presents opportunities for the 211 system to play a role “working in the intersections” between Health and Social services. We need a strong leader to work along-side the Executive Director, and with a diverse set of stakeholders to steer the ship through what could be significant change in the human services system.
ABOUT Ontario 211 Services (O211S):
To achieve Improved Quality of Health, Well-Being, and Belonging for People in Ontario, O211S works with our partners to ensure people are better connected to the broad range of Human Services and their Communities, and the social infra-structure is more responsive to people’s needs.
211 in Ontario is operated by O211S, a non-profit agency, with a volunteer Board of Directors that provides strategic direction and oversight to the operations of O211S.
211’s award-winning telephone helpline (2-1-1) and website (211ontario.ca) provides:
• a gateway to community, social, non-clinical health and related government services
• help to navigate the complex network of human services quickly and easily, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 150 languages (by dialing 2-1-1, firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat: https://211ontario.ca/chat/)
• connections to the right information and services which strengthens Canada’s health and human services, and helps Canadians to become more engaged with their communities
O211S seeks partnerships and mutually beneficial associations with government departments and agencies to inform, educate and assist these players about emerging and underlying issues and trends being continuously raised by our users.
THE KEY ATTRIBUTES BEING SOUGHT FOR O211S BOARD CHAIR & PRESIDENT:
We are looking for a diverse individual with skills in many of the following areas:
• A leader with a proven track record in a senior governance role, preferably within a multi-stakeholder and/or non-profit environment;
• knowledge of data privacy and data sharing issues in a digital environment;
• Comfort working with any political party, their elected representatives and agents (in Ontario, and ideally also with federal or municipal government);
• Strong communications skills, and is discrete, courteous and effective in time-limited situations;
• Media savvy instincts, if and when the situation demands;
• Experience with technology, negotiations, budgets, risk management, measurement & evaluation;
• Confidence to influence and advocate on issues important to O211S and the 211 system.
• Previous non-profit Board experience
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Board Chair/President can be located anywhere in Ontario, and is expected to Chair monthly O211S Board virtual meetings, semi-annual in-person meetings in Toronto and Ottawa, Chair the Executive Committee, participate as ex-officio in other Board committees, and act as liaison between Board and Executive Director.
If you or someone you know is interested in this Chair Board/President role, please contact: Laura Leather, (416-777-0211 ext. 223 email@example.com) by Friday July 12, 2019.
Ample Labs looks to build covid information chatbot to support information needs for Toronto’s homeless
Last week the province released their modeling for the spread of COVID-19 and it’s not easy to look at. Ontarians are trying to do t...Community & Social Services
211 Ontario is asking 211 Ambassadors to help share the message that the 211 helpline is to help Ontario residents find the right help in...Community & Social Services
Let us know about new and emerging services! https://211ontario.ca/contact-211-with-service-updates/ Ontario Ministry of ...Health and Mental Health