How is 211 different from 311, 411 and 911?
211 – Information and referral helpline to community, social, government and health services.
311 – Customer service and municipal information hotline for the following regions/cities. (Toronto, Halton, Windsor, Brampton, Mississauga, Ottawa, Greater Sudbury).
411 – Telephone directory and business listings.
911 – Emergency number for police, fire and ambulance.
What is 211
211 is an award winning information and referral helpline and online directory to find community, social and health services in Ontario. Highly trained specialists answer the 211 helpline and update the database.
Call 2-1-1 for:
- Non-emergency police number
- Food banks
- Walk in clinics
- Alzheimer support
- Mental health help
- Meals on Wheels
- Emergency shelters for homeless
- Services for domestic violence victims
- Public health
- Telehealth Ontario
- Crisis services
- Provincial and local helpline phone numbers
- Settlement help for newcomers
- Housing help centres
- Youth drop in programs
- Child, youth and family counselling
- Emergency utility assistance
- Understanding which government service might help or assistance
- Disability support programs
- Parenting programs
Call 9-1-1 for:
In an emergency, call 911 immediately.
An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department or paramedics. Examples include:
- A fire
- A crime, especially if in progress
- A car crash, especially if someone is injured
- A medical emergency, such as someone who is unconscious, gasping for air or not breathing, experiencing an allergic reaction, having chest pain, having uncontrollable bleeding, or any other symptoms that require immediate medical attention
211 is the source Canadians trust when seeking information and services to deal with life's challenges. 211's award-winning telephone hel...Volunteering & Fundraising
First of all, welcome! We are happy that you have found us at 211ontario.ca, and we hope that you will find the information here usefu...Community & Social Services
Every year, thousands of Canadians lose millions of dollars to fraud. These scams can take many forms, including investment fraud, phony ...Financial Assistance