How is 211 different from 311, 411 and 911?
211 – Information and referral helpline to community, social, government and health services.
311 – Customer service and municipal information hotline for the following regions/cities. (Toronto, Halton, Windsor, Brampton, Mississauga, Ottawa, Greater Sudbury).
411 – Telephone directory and business listings.
911 – Emergency number for police, fire and ambulance.
What is 211
211 is an award winning information and referral helpline and online directory to find community, social and health services in Ontario. Highly trained specialists answer the 211 helpline and update the database.
Call 2-1-1 for:
- Non-emergency police number
- Food banks
- Walk in clinics
- Alzheimer support
- Mental health help
- Meals on Wheels
- Emergency shelters for homeless
- Services for domestic violence victims
- Public health
- Telehealth Ontario
- Crisis services
- Provincial and local helpline phone numbers
- Settlement help for newcomers
- Housing help centres
- Youth drop in programs
- Child, youth and family counselling
- Emergency utility assistance
- Understanding which government service might help or assistance
- Disability support programs
- Parenting programs
Call 9-1-1 for:
In an emergency, call 911 immediately.
An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department or paramedics. Examples include:
- A fire
- A crime, especially if in progress
- A car crash, especially if someone is injured
- A medical emergency, such as someone who is unconscious, gasping for air or not breathing, experiencing an allergic reaction, having chest pain, having uncontrollable bleeding, or any other symptoms that require immediate medical attention
Three Board Members are sought, starting Fall 2018 – Posting Close Date: July 30, 2018 WHAT WE NEED: This is an exciting time for Ont...Volunteering & Fundraising
211 on Social Services – June 2018 At 211 Ontario, we are always keeping our ear to the ground for news about new programs and service...Community & Social Services
For most Canadians, filing tax is an annual civic ritual to which we obligingly submit. For low-income households, however, tax time is a...Financial Assistance